Interested in having a job like no other? Consider working as a Field Referee with The Fields Paintball! Our mission is to provide the leading paintball entertainment for customers in Northwest Missouri. Our ideal candidate is able to work under pressure and enjoys being outside one-on-one with customers.
Our referees will perform a combination of referee and cashier duties. The role of a referee is to make sure that the rules of paintball are being followed by all players at all times. A referee will explain rules before every game and ensure that all participants understand these rules. Referees make calls regarding when these rules are broken and assess penalties. All referees at The Fields Paintball will also fulfill cashier duties as needed. A cashier’s role is to assist customers in the in-store check-out process. Main duties include ringing up sales, handing out rental gear, ensuring waivers have been signed, honoring coupons, collecting payment and giving appropriate change.
Referees will perform other duties as needed to include: building new courses, hanging up netting, and performing field maintenance.
-Discount on products and first to playtest new courses
-Same benefits as Part-Time employees +
-24 Hours of Unpaid Personal Time Off
-40 Hours of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Register sales, itemize and total purchases by recording prices, process returns, and operate a cash register.
- Resolve customer issues and answer questions.
- Collect payments by accepting cash, check, or charge payments from customers and make change.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Explain the rules of paintball to customers multiple times a day.
- May be required remove customers who do not follow the rules. Strong conflict management skills needed.
- Easily resolve conflicts and use customer service skills.
- Referees should be energetic and have the physical ability to be on their feet for long periods, as they will be standing, walking and even running during paintball games.
REFEREE QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Energetic. Physical ability to be on your feet 8 hours at a time
- Ability to make change
- Basic math skills
- Ability to effectively explain rules and regulations to customers
- Strong conflict management skills
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Paintball experience desired
- First Aid certification a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- 0-1 years of retail experience strongly desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills